WII Recruitment January 2016 for the post of Sr. Conservation Officer/ Project Assistant/ Project Associate/ Project Fellow
Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun is looking for to appoint eligible and desirous young, energetic professionals candidates, who are highly motivated, inspired and dedicated [only Indian Nationals] to join for the position of "Sr. Conservation Officer/ Project Assistant/ Project Associate/ Project Fellow" on contractual basis.
Note:- All aforesaid engagements are on contractual basis initially for a one year period from the date of appointment that can be extended depending on the candidate’s performance and the programme requirements.
Brief Summary of Vacancies:-
1. Senior Conservation Officer:- Vacancy: 01. [i] Age: Max. 65 years. [ii] Salary: Rs. 71,000/= pm. [iii] Qualification: Should have possessed Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences discipline with >25 years’ experience in wildlife research and conservation. [iv] Experience: Should to have good communication skills; report writing, synthesis and publication skills.
2. Project Assistant Grade-2:- Vacancies: 02. [i] Age: Max. 35 years. [ii] Salary: Rs. 20,000/= pm. [iii] Qualification: Should have possessed Graduate degree in any discipline with >1 year experience in secretarial assistance/ office management in government/ autonomous organizations/ PSU. [iv] Experience: Working knowledge of computer in MS Office, Internet and email; knowledge of typing in English; working knowledge of office procedures; skills of noting and drafting of official letters and reports.
3. Project Assistant Grade-1:- Vacancy: 01. [i] Age: Max. 30 years. [ii] Salary: Rs. 15,000/= pm. [iii] Qualification: Should have possessed Graduate degree in Science with >1 year working experience in the area of computer applications in reputed organizations.
4. Project Associate:- Vacancy: 01. [i] Age: Max. 45 years. [ii] Salary: Rs. 45,000/= pm. [iii] Qualification: Should have possessed M.Sc. degree in Wildlife Sciences/ Forestry/ Environmental Science or Management/ Botany/ Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences with >2 years lab-experience. Should have demonstrated ability to conduct laboratory analysis through completed projects and peer-reviewed publications
5. Project Fellow:- Vacancies: 02. [i] Age: Max. 40 years. [ii] Salary: Rs. 32,000/= pm. [iii] Qualification: Should have possessed M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Genetics/ Molecular Biology/ Bio-Sciences/ Life Sciences. Should have >2 years’ experience in wet lab-work and data analysis.
Selection Methodology:- Selection will be done on the basis of educational qualification, experience and performance of the candidate in the Skill Test/ Written Test/ Personal Interview [as applicable as per post]. Screening will be based on the details provided by the candidate; hence, it is necessary that applicants should furnish only accurate, full and correct information. The final decision of selection will be at the sole discretion of the management.
Application Fees [Non-refundable & Non-transferrable]:- All candidates are required to pay Rs. 500/=. Requisite Application Fee will be paid in the shape of by crossed Indian Postal Order/ Bank Draft drawn in favour of the “Director, Wildlife Institute of India”, payable at Dehradun.
Not:- Candidates are advised to mention “Species Conservation Programmes Management Unit” and the Project name along with the Position applied for in their applications. Candidates who are applying for multiple positions should send separate applications and fees.
How to Apply:- Suitable and eligible candidates, who are ready to take up the challenge and meeting the eligibility criteria, are required to apply strictly in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-2) typed out on A-4 size paper [Form to be downloaded from Institute’s website: www.wii.gov.in ] accompanied by crossed Indian Postal Order/ Bank Draft, recent passport size photo enclosing attested copies of certificates, testimonials and send to:-
Administrative Officer, Wildlife Institute of India, Chandrabani, Dehradun – 248 002, Uttarakhand.
Note:- Candidates who are applying for multiple projects and/or positions should send separate applications and fees.
The sealed envelope containing the printout of the application must be superimposed with words in capital bold letters "Application for the Post of “____________________”.
Note:- Any ambiguity/ false information/ concealment of information detected in the certificates will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of selection.
Candidates in their own interest are advised to submit their Application well in time before the last date to avoid possible technical snags. No other means/ mode of application will be acknowledged. No application shall be accommodated beyond the specified Dates. Application which is not in conformity with the requirements will be summarily rejected without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Crucial Dates to Memorize:-
Last Date for Receipt of Application & Fee:- 29th January, 2016 till 5.00 pm.
Last Date for Receipt of Application & Fee [from Remote Areas]:- 04th February, 2016 till 5.00 pm.
List of Eligible Candidates’ Names will be Hosted on the Institute’s Website:- 10th February, 2016.
Date for Written Test to be conducted at Dehradun:- 01st March, 2016 at 9.00 am.
Results of the Written Test shall be Declared on:- 02nd March, 2016 at 1.00 pm.
Note:- The shortlisted candidates have to appear for a Personal Interview on 02nd March, 2016 from 02:30 pm onward in the Institute’s Board Room.
The merit in written test is of a qualifying nature in the screening process to be called for interview.